So this week’s Top 5 Wednesday topic, in honour of father’s day, is favourite literary fathers/father figures. Here’s my list:
- Kell from Mistborn: The Final Empire by Brandon Sanderson. Also one my of favourite literary thieves.
- Hans Hubberman from The Book Thief by Markus Zusak. He was just so brilliant and wise.
- Brimstone from Laini Taylor’s Daughter of Smoke and Bone. I loved Laini Taylor’s world-building in this series, and Brimstone was one of my favourite characters.
- Hagrid from Harry Potter, because who doesn’t love Hagrid.
- A.J. Fikry from Gabrielle Zevin’s The Collected Works of A.J. Fikry. This book is one of my favourites – it made cry both happy and sad tears, sometimes simultaneously. The reason A.J. makes the list is because he taught his daughter to love literature and supported her dreams to become a writer – solid parenting.
Who are your favourite literary fathers/father figures? Tell me in the comments!